26. The Beverly Bank
This building, dating to 1900, sits on the corner of Court and Main streets in the lot between the courthouse and the street. Dr. Humboldt Yokum was president of the bank, which for many years was the only bank in the community. It closed during the Banking Holiday of March 1933.
It is a rectangular white brick building, loosely connected to the courthouse. The entryway is at an angle on the northwest corner of the building. It is a loose example of Neoclassical Revival style, which was popular at this time for commercial buildings. It has Roman arched openings and raised pediments.
At one time this building was the home of the Beverly Family History Research Library. Currently the building is part of the Beverly Heritage Center .