2. The Calvin Collett House
The property on which this house is located, on the northern end of Beverly, was part of a large tract of land owned by the Reverend Thomas Collett. Thomas's home was destroyed during the Civil War, and his sons subdivided his land in 1869. One of those sons, Calvin, built this home about 1869 according to tax records. Calvin died in 1881, and the home stayed in his family until 1939. This is a two-story L-shaped frame home with a 5-bay front facade. It is located on the west side of North Main Street.