42. The Eli Butcher House
This house, east of the old section of Beverly on Files Creek Road, was originally two log rooms built in 1778. William Currence bought it from James Westfall.
In 1793, the Currences exchanged properties with Jacob Westfall, who was then living ten miles up the valley at Mill Creek.
In 1832, Eli Butcher purchased this property and added the front addition to the old house. The porch and ornamentation probably date from the 1870's. The house stayed in the Butcher family until 1970.