17. The Masonic Lodge Hall
|On the southeast corner of Main
and Bridge streets, is the original lot #7.
The first buildings on this end of the block on lots #6 and #7 included at least one house and several shops, but all were burned in the 1891 fire.
This frame hall was built as the Masonic Lodge about 1907. Henry Gassaway Davis attended its dedication ceremony in 1912. Its exterior has been heavily altered, but it still shows the front parapet wall with a center gable, which seems to be a common feature of several Beverly buildings of this era.